Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the EHTDC Park and Recreation program.
Assistance is needed in the following areas:
- Assisting at Events: People are needed for help running special events to make the events run smoothly. Help is needed for simple children’s activities, greeting, giving information or directions and working at food stands.
- Educational Programming: Assist the professional staff with the planning, organizing and conducting of educational programs.
- Landscape Maintenance and Projects: Volunteer in the developed areas of the Park to control and maintain planted vegetation.
- Park Facility Maintenance: Paint signs, benches, exercise equipment, and help with the upkeep of the facility aesthetics.
- Trail Trimmers: Maintain trails in the Park by clipping encroaching vegetation while maintaining a natural look. Monitor and alert the staff of potential safety hazards on trails and boardwalks.
- Donations Outreach: Assist with identification of needed items and collection of items for the Park and programs.
- Community Outreach: Conduct public relations presentations for community groups and organizations; help staff booths at community events.
Download and complete the application here: EHTDC Parks & Recreation Volunteer Application and Waiver